Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sacramento Zoo & Big Boy Bed

Feeding the ducks (notice I'm holding onto his shirt!).


Tyler & the Frog.


Tyler & Mommy on the train at the zoo.

So as Addam would say, "Your having a pregnant woman moment." I decided one day that I no longer like the color of Tyler's bed room and wanted Addam to pain it a new color. The original color was a bright blue that matched his crib bedding and I decided that I couldn't have it that color any more if he was going to his big boy bed. Yes, you read right, BIG BOY BED. Tyler is over 3 ft tall and about 35lbs and does not sleep well in his crib any more and is really too big. So we decided it was time for a big boy bed and he'll be going to a twin mattress. So Addam said he would paint Tyler's room the new color I had picked out while he was at work because he wanted me to be happy. :) He's the bestest hubby!! So Tyler and I left for the day to hang out with Grammy at the Sacramento Zoo to let Daddy get to work. He is the master painter so he had to get everything the way he needed it. Tyler, Grammy and I had a blast at the zoo. We rode the train and waved to Grammy. He loved seeing the Monkey's and made a monkey sound for them, I'm sure they were very impressed. Then we had lunch next to the flamingo's. We decided to head out to the park near the zoo that has a huge pond and tons of ducks that I'm sure eat more than their share of bread each day. But we brought TONS of bread to feed them anyways. Tyler enjoyed it though he thought about trying to take a swim with them once or twice so I had to hold onto his shirt. Then we made the drive home and to our surprise Daddy had finished the room and the big boy bed was all ready for Tyler. Tyler loved it! He saw the sheets that Grammy had bought him, Cars theme of course, and he said, "Car! VROOOMMM!!". The big boy bed has been a challenge for everyone but we've got a routine down now and he's doing great in it! He even comes and wakes us up in the morning with, "Hi!". Sooo cute! Thanks for a great day Grammy and thank you so very much to my loving hubby and #1 Daddy!

Tyler's new room!

No comments: